[Answer the Proust Questionnaire]
[Answers by name or age]
On Fri, 04 May 12 22:33:45 UTC Altjungr (30) answered the Proust Questionnaire (click on a question to read other answers):
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- The feeling that improvement of any kind is impossible.
- Where would you like to live?
- A land which permits one to live off it.
- What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- To have a family and still have time to do great works.
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- Putting too much work into diversions.
- Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- Number 6... So I suppose those who, despite being humble or flawed, have the weight of the world put upon their shoulders by unusual circumstances, but instead of being crushed by the world, manage to overturn the world.
- Who are your favorite characters in history?
- They tend to be eccentrics in some way... and most of them are mathematicians or have contributed to the sciences.
- Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- My Grandmother... so I suppose the ones that can make you feel good just talking to them.
- Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- Dominique Francon... so I guess that means one who intelligent, strong, and speaks her mind while still being unapologetically sexual.
- Your favorite painter?
- I don't know if Escher ever painted anything, but he is my favorite artist. I like art that makes me question reality.
- Your favorite musician?
- Ian Anderson. Improvisational, insightful, energetic, versatile, and unconventional. That describes a great deal of what I Idolize.
- The quality you most admire in a man?
- Honor. The ability to do what one swears to do. The ability to keep all the oaths in your mind.
- The quality you most admire in a woman?
- I don't see why couruage and honor should apply any less to women than to men.
- Your favorite virtue?
- Courage. The ability to honestly and honorably seek despite fears and threats.
- Your favorite occupation?
- Teaching. I enjoy the epiphanic moment both in myself and in others.
- Who would you have liked to be?
- Someone healthier. I also sometimes wonder what it would be like to have been born a woman, but that comes with no less problems than being male.
- Your most marked characteristic?
- I have an overactive imagination. It permiates every facet of my life. Its what makes me good a math.
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Loyalty. The ability to know that if I was out of contact for a year, they would still remember me.
- What is your principle defect?
- I am easily distracted.
- What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- To allow small misfortunes to be deciding factors in the greatest matters.
- What would you like to be?
- What is your favorite color?
- Green. Earth. Courage. The heroes of my childhood all wore green (Robin Hood, Peter Pan, Link).
- What is your favorite flower?
- The bleeding heart. It is a very unusual and unique flower.
- What is your favorite bird?
- The raven. Hugin and Munin.
- Who are your favorite prose writers?
- I just read a story by Goethe that was one of the weirdest and most magical things I ever read.
- Who are your favorite poets?
- The Skalds of old.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- My professors... so I suppose those who ar brave enough to seek knowledge and give it freely.
- Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- Artists mostly... those who made great contributions to society despite the phallocentric.
- What are your favorite names?
- Anything that ends in consonant followed by an r.
- What is it you most dislike?
- Trying to keep up with all the hope and change.
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- Hitler... the ones who warp ideology
- What event in military history do you most admire?
- The inability of the Romans to defeat the Germanic Barbarians
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- Freedom from allergies... But I suppose that is more like the curse I would most like to send back.
- How would you like to die?
- From bodily wounds while fighting for something I believe in, but I would still like to have some children before than.
- What is your present state of mind?
- At a crossroads. Both excited and aprehensive. But mostly exhausted
- What is your motto?
- Waste not, want not.
I know that I hung on that windswept tree.
Nine whole nights I swung there.
Wounded by the spear and sworn unto Odin,
I sacrificed myself to my Self
Upon that tree which few men know
From whence its roots rise.
No food was brought to sate me
Nor cup was raised to quench me.
I looked down into the beyond.
I glimpsed the Arcana and took them up.
Roaring, I grasped them and there fell back.
Then I began to grow and become wise.
Words from wordings, seeking The Word.
Works from workings, seeking The Work.
Mysteries to solve and Runes to read.
Many powerful and changeless secretes.
The mathematics of the Gods.
Clicking on the left button will increase the likelihood of Altjungr's answers being displayed as featured answer.